Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week #16


This week was a slow week. A less active family took us to the Roadhouse on Monday! So good as always. We're going to have to back off from teaching Jessica. She needs to gain a testimony of Christ on her own before we can really teach her anything else. We had exchanges on Tuesday with Sisters Jensen and Johnson. I got to be with Sister Jensen the whole time! It was so fun! I really miss her. On Wednesday we were going to have a day full of lessons. We had 6 lessons planned and only 1 person kept their appointment. But it was actually a blessing in disguise because we were able to do some service for a less active Cora Louis. Guess what we did? Stacked hay bales in their barn! Thank you so much for teaching me how to work! I felt like I was at home, it was great. And now we're teaching her 2 daughters. And they're getting baptized on Oct 12th! We helped them with hay 3 times this week. We actually went out to the field and picked up hay bales and put them on the trailer. My arms are killing me! 

We also found 3 potentials from tracting this week. These potentials we keep finding need to turn into investigators! But nobody keeps their appointments! It's really frustrating. 

We watched the Relief Society Broadcast Saturday night. Wasn't it so good?! I have to tell you, though, that at the time grandma died I was sitting in the chapel and I could feel her sitting next to me. I knew she was gone. Sister Miller broke the news yesterday in Sacrament Meeting. I read the Facebook post. The rest of church was a bit of a blur but I'm so grateful for eternal families, that we know the Plan of Salvation and I know where she is and what she's doing. I had the rest of church to get myself together to be ready to get out and work. And Cora Louis's husband came to sacrament meeting! It was a miracle! The week after conference we're going to try to get him to stay for all 3 hours! So even though the week was a little slow, miracles are happening in Huber Heights. The Lord and I make a pretty good team. 

I love this work, the church is true!

Sister Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment