Monday, July 7, 2014

Week #55

I can't believe Robert comes home Friday. That's weird. Also the Millers are in Tokyo now, right? When I get home can we go visit them? haha. I'm doing well here. The language is coming along. Everyone is really surprised by how well I can speak for only have 5 weeks here. One day I was a little frustrated with my companion because she told me to go speak English with some people and I only wanted to talk in Portuguese and so I started talking to her and then walked away and the man she was talking to with the other sister was shocked by how well I spoke. The next transfer is July 29th. So in 3 weeks? I don't know if I'll stay or not. I'd like to move around the mission but I think I'll have at least one more transfer here. 
Well this week just flew by. I cant believe it's already p-day again. A lot happened this week so I have quite the letter. We have an investigator (the one I said would be baptized last Saturday) that is actually getting baptized this Saturday. She taught us the first lesson all by herself. Yesterday she told us she was wanting to bear her testimony during sacrament meeting. Speaking of church, we had ANOTHER couple show up and the girl isn't a member. Miracles are just happening for us here.
We're teaching this really great young man who's super smart, too. He just gets it. And the spirit is always really strong in our lessons. He really needs this gospel. 
Thursday we had to go to zone meeting in Santarem. So Wednesday night we got on a barco to travel there. 10 hour boat ride. We had to sleep in hedes. I borrowed one from a member. They're like, R50 and I don't want to buy one. I want one by I don't want to spend the money. But I kind of need one. Anyway, we arrived in Santarem at about 4:30 am. Elder Poaletti, from my MTC district the first time, is in my zone. So I got to talk to him! It was definitely a different zone meeting here. Afterwards, the District Leaders had a meeting that went until 12:45. We have girl DLs here so my comp was in the meeting. The bishop in Santarem told us that the lancha (faster boat that only takes 5 hours to get to Orximina) would leave at 1:30. The last time I took it, it left at 1 so I thought it was a little strange it left at 1:30. Well, my thoughts were correct because we showed up at 1:05 just in time to watch the lancha leave. They didn't have another one so we had to take the barco again. Well, this boat didn't leave until 7 at night. So we were stuck in Santarem for 6 hours. We just contacted. I had a really creepy guy grab my hair and a drunk guy tried to grab Sister Mendes. Needless to say, it was an adventurous day and I'm not a fan of Santarem.
So that's pretty much my week. We had 14 people locked in for church and only 2 came. But at least we got 2! Tomorrow is the World Cup and if Brazil wins (which they will) they'll be in the final on Sunday. Which means we're not going to be able to leave our house at all Sunday after church. But then it will all finally be over.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, our washing machine broke and I have to wash my clothes by hand.
Love you!
Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment