Monday, March 17, 2014

Week #40

Hi mom!

 I think I'm going this transfer. I feel really strongly about it. Just like I felt about getting transferred. And Sister Hibbert thinks I'm going too. When I first got to the area I heard a little voice in my head that said it's only for 6 weeks. The spirit.
 
Well this week was a pretty slow week. Not every week can be perfect on your mission I guess. I've decided that I hate agency. Well, I love it but I hate it. We have a love/hate relationship. Our investigator Vickie fell off date. She knows it's all true. She told us! She just won't get baptized. It's pretty frustrating when it's all out of your control and you don't want to push them because ultimately it has to be their decision. 
We met a great guy Monday night! We drove past him and he waved so I told Sister Hibbert to pull over. I jumped out of the car and asked if we could give him a card. He said he believes in Jesus Christ but "doesn't know how it all works". Perfect! We're the people for you! We set up a time to bring him a Book of Mormon and he asked if he could pass out some of our cards. Um yes! So saw him Saturday  Super nice person. 
 
Tuesday we got to go to the temple! Ah it was awesome! And it was 70 degrees when we came outside! 
Sister Reyes, a recently reactivated member told us Wednesday that she wants to go the temple! I'm so excited for her. She's the cutest lady ever! I just love her. And she flirts with her neighbor all the time. It's hilarious. I'll send a picture next week. But I really hope we get to go with her because we've been reteaching her the lessons and she just loves us. We also saw Sister Hibbert's recent convert, Ruthie, who lives in a nursing home. She was really alert and like her old self and then the next day the senior couple here said she didn't even recognize them. We all think she might pass away soon. 
This week was kind of frustrating. We haven't been able to find anyone! And the area is so big. There's so much work to do and insufficient miles to do it. We're down to 300 miles and we still have half the month left. This area stresses me out. We need another set of missionaries. Oh it snowed again this week! What else is new? Sister Hibbert drove us into a ditch and we were stuck in the snow. So we had to wait for someone to come pull us out. I'm pretty much risking my life every time I step into that car but oh well. 
 
We had a lesson with Mike and he says he's seen God. So basically he told us he was pure and without sin. Ummmmm only Jesus Christ is perfect. Then Sister McKinney (she's less active) said "I think Jesus said he wasn't perfect". Sheesh some people are so confused. 
 
Troy is awesome! We taught him the restoration and he said it all makes sense. But he won't give up smoking. he doesn't even like it! Addictions. They're the worst! But he wants to get baptized. It's just a matter of when. 

 
That's pretty much it for this week. Hopefully next week will be better. 
Love you!
Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment