Monday, March 17, 2014

Week #39

Mom!
Monday we had dinner with Sister King. Her husband isn't a member and she was married in the temple once before and anyway she went through a nasty divorce but she's still faithful about church. She is the FUNNIEST lady I've ever met. She made us a steak dinner first of all, and then she was telling us all about her life and stories and I literally choked on my food I was laughing so hard. Ah I want to teach her husband. She was like I need friends in the ward. And then Sister Hibbert says yeah we'll try to baptize someone your age. And then I said how about your husband?! She and her daughter were laughing so hard. It's gonna happen. I just know it. Tuesday we went up to Plymouth and Sister Collins, a recently activated member is manager at some apartments so we went to see her and she called one of her tenants and was like get dressed I'm bringing the missionaries over. She is awesome! That's just how all members should do missionary work! Just do it! Then we had a lesson with our investigator who is on date and she's a little hesitant. She thinks God is going to put her through some big trial before she can be ready to get baptized. That's a new one. So we're just trying to work through that and we pray that she goes through her trial soon. I don't think she realizes that becoming a member of the church is a trial. Satan works on you so hard!
Wednesday we had zone conference. It was pretty awesome. We had to be there super early because our zone had to sing a song. Oh man it was terrible. Because, well, not everyone can sing. But we pulled it off pretty well. Thursday we went all the way to Willard. Sister Hibbert and I have decided we're going to work the northern areas even though it will be difficult with our miles. Everything around us has just been slammed and Willard, Plymouth, and Shiloh have never been worked. We got two return appointments up there! And one of the members lives next to an Amish school! I got a picture. Oh also the elders called us that morning and asked us if we wanted to teach Book of Mormon class that night. I don't think they really wanted to prepare haha but we did that and it went awesome! We really want to get some investigators there. So now we're going to switch off every other week with the elders teaching the class.
Saturday we went back to Willard. One of our appointments wasn't there but the other one was! She's the cutest littlest  lady from Laos. She doesn't really speak English but her nephew was there and we were teaching him. He likes the sound of his own voice and he really values his own opinion. Finally I was just like look, we're basically gathering Israel. This is where the fullness of the gospel is. If it were in the Lutheran church or the Catholic church that's where we'd all be! It's not about being a Mormon or LDS. It's not about the label at all. It's about being a disciple of Jesus Christ and having his full gospel in your life and what that means. This just happens to be where it is. He got real quiet and then he finally started to listen as we taught the restoration. Kamla said at the end "I didn't really understand what you were saying but I feel really good. I like the way I feel when you're here". We're going back on Sunday! And then after the lesson Sister Sommers drove us around Willard and gave us 12 referrals!
Sunday was the best day of my life! Church was just fantastic and all about missionary work and then we had a lesson with Sister Collins' husband, Troy. He is so prepared it's not even funny. He wants to take it slow but he comes to church every Sunday and we taught the Plan of Salvation and he was like I have no doubt that what you're telling me is the truth. I believe it. WHAT?! Troy just get baptized already! I'm super excited to teach him and he said he hadn't felt the way he did during the lesson since the first set of sisters that taught him. He is ready. I told him that he better get baptized so I can go to Brazil because this is who I'm in Clear Fork for. He just laughed and said not yet.

Okay I think that's it. It was just the best week ever! I love this area and I love Sister Hibbert! She's just so cute!
Love ya!
Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment