Thursday, September 5, 2013

Week #12


What a week! I would just like to say how grateful I am for a clean house and that you raised me to clean up after myself. I'm definitely seeing a whole new world and other side of living out here. We watched the Restoration with our investigator Abi and she believes everything we've taught her! She's Muslim and I guess her religion is pretty similar to ours with believing in prophets. But she's still really hesitant to get baptized. I think we need to get her husband on board. 
Sister Duncan, whose husband is active, has been to church 3 weeks in a row! I'm so excited every time I see her there. They took us to Texas Roadhouse last night for dinner. They're awesome. 
Wednesday we were on exchanges in Springfield and we were in a lesson with this lady named Nikki and she accepted baptism! After an hour of us talking of course. She said she would really like to be baptized by someone who holds that proper authority, meaning the priesthood. It really helped to have a priesthood holder there to explain that to her. Then we had her pray to know if the date we chose was right for her. I have never heard a more sincere prayer in my life. She was the perfect example of someone who gives their whole heart to God. It was such a beautiful prayer. I teared up. And now she's getting baptized!   Our investigator Floyd dropped us this week. But he said it won't be the last we hear of him. I hope not! Floyd is awesome, he just needs to open his heart a bit more. 
Our investigator Samantha came to church, and a less active, Sister Bernhard! We're going to get her to the temple. And Samantha has a baptismal date! Also, I've been sick all week with a head cold. It's been rough. I had so much pressure in my head on Sunday, it was rough. But that didn't stop me from doing the Lord's work! We had a labor day brunch with the ward and it was a huge success! So many members came and brought their friends! There's a lady in our ward, Sister Pedersen. She's a convert and she's been through a lot. And she has her testimony written out and has a ton of copies in her car and she hands them out to people! She's so great! She said after she got baptized she asked the ward for Book of Mormons and she mailed them to everyone she knew. The ward had to stop giving her copies because she would run out so fast, she's the best missionary I've ever met! 
Last night we had a lesson with Jessica and read 3 Nephi 11 with her. She's super stubborn and we're not sure what that one thing is that needs to click. I think she's just going to be one of those people that takes a while. But her husband said the closing prayer and he said at the end "please bless that wherever the sisters go that they will be loved as much as they are here". It was the nicest thing ever! I really love that couple. Kyle is a member and Jessica really loves how much the gospel makes him happy. She loves church. I don't know what's holding her up.
Transfers are tomorrow and every one's getting all sentimental not us haha it's great! I love this work and I love Huber Heights. I don't want to leave! So pray really hard I don't get transferred.
Te amo 
Sister Clark





August 30, 2013

Missionary Department
50 E North Temple ST 3WW 

Salt Lake City, UT 84150-5400

Sister Taylor Kay Clark 
19 Clairedan Dr
Powell OH 43065 
 United States


Dear Sister Clark:
                                                                Visa Status

Thank you for your diligent service in the Ohio Columbus Mission. We know that, during this time of waiting, you have gained valuable experience in faith, knowledge, and perseverance that will help you feel the blessings of our Heavenly Father in your work. The people you are working with are truly blessed because of your service.

We continue to work through established procedures to obtain your visa to Brazil. Church Travel tracks the progress of your visa, is in regular contact with the consulate of Brazil, and receives on-going updates as to your visa status. Your current mission president will be notified as soon as your visa is granted.

May the Lord bless you as you continue to focus in your current assignment and strive to reach out to those who are seeking the truth.

Sincerely,

Eduardo Gavarret

Assistant Executive Director

No comments:

Post a Comment