Thursday, April 17, 2014

Week #44

Hey mom!

Well not much happened this week. Thanks for the skirts and the dress! I really love them! I'm scared to take them to Brazil I don't want to ruin them! I gave the black/multi colored one to my companion. I think it'll be too heavy to take.

Well I talked to one of the office couples yesterday and she can't tell me anything about my visa. But then she said it might be wise to start sending some boxes home. So really what she's saying is yes, your visa is in! I'm really really overwhelmed and kinda freaking out. So there will be some boxes coming within the next few weeks. It'll probably be the day after I call home for Mother's Day that I'll be headed out. 

So Monday we had dinner with our investigator Liz Deemer. She is the funniest lady ever! She wasn't able to listen to conference :( But she's going to come to church with us in 2 Sundays! I'm really excited. She's really prepared. 

Tuesday we found a few potentials and Angelica cancelled our lesson. But we still met with her friend Liz. And it was way better meeting with her separately. We were actually able to have a discussion without Angelica's daughter running around and talking the whole time. I think I'm going to have to entertain her while Sister Hibbert gives the lesson from now on. Then we had dinner with Vickie. We're still hanging on to her and I'm pretty sure it's time to put her on the back burner and focus on some other people. She's still coming to church, she had her big trial, and she still shuts down every time we talk about baptism. It makes me so sad when people progress and progress and then they decide they don't want it. So frustrating! 

Wednesday we had the longest zone meeting of my life. It was 2 1/2 hours! Usually it's only an hour and a half. But it was good. We had a lot of changes to the zone. Then we had exchanges with the sister training leaders in Marion. Marion is super ghetto. It's awesome. We met Angelica's mom, Rose, who is a recent convert. She's the sweetest lady ever and is really excited that we're teaching her daughter. Just not sure how really interested Angelica is. So Sister Arnell and I found like 3 new investigators that day and people were letting us in left and right. She must be good luck or something. Sheesh. Except for the part where on our way back from exchanges we were taking the STL's to Mansfield and they get a call from their investigator saying she doesn't want to get baptized anymore. No!!! So we drove them back to their apartment and they resolved her concern and then she called them Saturday morning and said don't call me again I'm not getting baptized. We had the best lesson with her just a few days earlier and she tried on her baptism clothes and she was so excited and she said she wasn't going to let Satan get to her. Well Satan got to her. It's so sad! 

We went and saw Molly Collins  and she's doing really good then we met her friend April who reminds me of Lorelai from Gilmore Girls. She is hilarious. And she told Molly she'd come to church with her Sunday!! She said she's interested in learning about the Mormons. 

Saturday we spent the whole day contacting referrals. And everybody let us in. But nobody wants to take the lessons. It was exhausting. We didn't eat lunch until 4:30 we were just so busy. Good thing we didn't have a dinner appointment that night. 

Sunday we had a Relief Society fireside where President and Sister Nilsen spoke. I just love them, they're so great! I got a lot of really good insights and they talked about a seminar that their relatives went to with Elder Bednar and he would ask people at random times "what are you hearing and what are you learning?" We've got to remember that we can talk and talk and talk but the spirit is the teacher and it's okay if our minds wander during the talk because sometimes that's how the spirit talks to us. As long as your mind doesn't wander to stuff like the latest TV show or what am I going to eat when I get home.

 
Oh it's finally warm here in the great Ohio! It was in the 60's and 70's all week! It's going to snow tomorrow but then I think it'll FINALLY be done. Hopefully. Fingers crossed. 

So yeah, not a lot happened this week. Hopefully next week will be a lot more successful since we'll actually be in our area. And we have interviews with President on Tuesday

Well I love ya lots! Happy Easter! 

Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment